What’s Not Included in the Trip Cost?
- International flight(s)
- Trip Insurance (recommended)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses, snacks, souvenirs, etc.
- Extra charges at accommodations or transport
- Optional activities
- Pre or post tour planning services
Food and Alcohol:
- The restaurants we patronize can be in remote areas with small menus. Therefore, we cannot guarantee accommodating special diets or food allergies, and substitutions are limited.
- Wanting to travel with food? Click here to check the TSA website.
- A typical breakfast will include eggs and fruit, sometimes a pastry or bread.
- Typical lunches are rice, beans and a meat choice, fish tacos, salad, or a sandwich
- Dinners will offer more variety at well-established local restaurants.
- Alcohol is not included in the cost of the tour.
- Excessive drinking, drug use, or abusive behavior will not be tolerated and may result in your immediate dismissal from the tour.
- Deposits are fully refundable if tour dates are not viable (8 booked guests minimum).
- Cancellations 90 days or more before the tour date receive a full refund, minus credit card fees.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect non-refundable travel expenses.
- Cancellation made between 31 and 89 days before the tour receive a 50% refund 50% future travel credit.
- Cancellations made within 30 days of the tour and no shows are non-refundable. Purchasing travel insurance that will reimburse you for non-refundable travel expenses is recommended.
- Dismissals from the tour as a result of violations are ineligible for a refund.
You will need a passport to enter Costa Rica or Panama. That passport must be valid for 3-6 months after your arrival date, depending on your country of origin. United States and Canadian citizens do not need an additional visa. Other countries should check for requirements with their embassy.
For the latest information, check embassy websites:
- Check the Panama Embassy website under Entry and Exit Requirements.
- Check the Costa Rica Embassy website under Entry and Exit Requirements.
Luggage Allowances and Clothing:
- One luggage bag, preferably a carry-on (laundry services available on Day 4).
- One personal bag, such as a purse or backpack.
- Transport shuttle will have limited luggage space.
- Quick-dry rain jacket is a must, especially in the rainforest.
- Dressing in layers is recommended. The cities can be hot and humid, the mountains are cooler and in the low 60’s at night. Always prepare for rain in the highlands.
- Comfortable, supportive shoes are recommended (You may be walking through mud).
- Approve and/or unlock credit and debit cards for international purchases in advance.
- Panama uses the U.S. dollar, so no need to exchange currency.
- Costa Rica uses the colón, which you can get at your bank, or for convenience, from a Costa Rica ATM with your debit card.
To arrange your pickup from the airport, it will be necessary for you to inform Discover Our Tours of your International flight details 30 days in advance of your arrival date.
Cell Phones: Check with your cell phone provider for international rates, some offer free data and text or daily rates. Most accommodations and restaurants will have sufficient WiFi for using FaceTime, Zoom, or Google Meet. The most commonly used communication app in Latin America is WhatsApp.
Electronic adapters: Costa Rica and Panama use the same standard voltage as the United States. Adapters are not necessary.
Smoking is banned in most public places, indoors and outdoors, in most Latin American countries.
Valuables: We are not responsible for damage, loss, or theft of any valuables. Because of the adventure nature of our tours, we recommend that valuables be left at home.
For other questions or concerns, email us at [email protected].